• When the Universe is keeping you on your toes with a strange mix of ups and downs, twists and turns, brick walls and odd insights, changes and reversals 💫. That’s what April has felt like for me…crikey! What to do? Well I feel like it would be easy to get stuck and just wallow, but I don’t think I’m really that kind of person. I’m told that I am very resilient 🌈 (well...most of the time!!) and I know I’ve picked myself up, dusted myself off and kept on going more times now that I care to recall. So once again, that is what I’ll do. I’ll keep trusting that if I keep moving forward ➡️, it will be in the direction that is going to lead to the way out🧚🏻♀️💕. I’ll keep trusting that these feelings of unsettledness and upheaval are leading to a better place and a better me, even if I’m not sure what that looks like yet. I just have to remember to be open and allow those next steps to find me, and to ignore those doubting ‘what ifs’ that pepper my thoughts😱! Be true to myself, but it’s not so easy when that fear creeps in. Something to work on.
Apologies if this is a little deep for a Thursday, but that’s just what came to mind when I looked at this picture. Sink or swim. Jump or fly. Ride or die. Reap the whirlwind guys🌾💨!! •
28 35923 hours ago
We headed out for a ride today after paying our respects. Otto felt so grown up to be riding with a group and he did so well, riding the #brookfieldfingers for the first time. There are some big hills and winding roads that he handled like a pro. I love that I not only get to do this with Otto, but also my mother, and some lovely sisters.
The best part of today was all the love Otto received from fellow cyclists out there, everyone was so encouraging and he got a few cheers as they sped on by! There is so much negative attention on cyclists but we really are just like any other group, living a healthy and active lifestyle and showing our kids that way of life. #sharetheroad#brisbanecycling#bicycleqld#kidscycling#officialfohette#foher#groupride
Love the pool at this time of the day. This is only my 2nd swim for April and with just over a week until @im703busso i was a little nervous to get back in the water.
The last few weeks have been a mishmash of sickness, whirlwind east coast trips and work. Good news is I can still swim and I am starting to get excited for the new busso 70.3 swim course and just the whole adventure south!!! .
. #im703busso2019 #roadtobusso #swimming #sunset #roadtoNice #trimumma #foher
Feeling a few too many Easter Eggs and need a reason to run? The New FOHER Women's Premium Run Singlet is constructed with a full Italian mesh fabric front and back to ensure you receive all-day breathable comfort. Moisture-wicking technology provides superior moisture management by drawing sweat away from your skin during exercise. The stretch construction allows you to move freely for zero distractions whilst hitting the pavement with the addition of a sleek outline FOHER logo.
Consider yourselves ⭐️I N F L U E N C E D ⭐️ #wanderlust
2 23122 April, 2019
Popular Instagram Photos
• Decided that a 45 min trainer session was in order so I could spin out some mad frustration after I accidentally crashed our website this afternoon 💻💣💥🙈...oops...and ran out of time to do my ‘proper’ swim/bike brick session. I’m not feeling that dedicated to the bike (or swim for that matter) at the moment to be too upset about missing it🤷🏼♀️. Its all about the run right now! Was nice actually, my legs are still a bit heavy from Friday so it was nice to just turn them over today.
Hey, big shout out 🗣and best of luck to all ma girls and guys but especially our amazeball Fohettes representing AUS 🇦🇺and racing ITU World Champs this week!! So exciting and best of luck🎉!! •
26 2,63512 September, 2018
• Big planning day today with @hanixtro as we lay down our final preparations for #noosatri 🤩! Fohette Roll-outs, expo goodies and er-hem most excitingly…. a Braid Station👧🏼🎉! I certainly love my race-day braids, a bit of a ritual and safety blanky for me, and now we can help our tri-sisters out!! Check out @foherco for more info! So much happening over the weekend of the Noosa Multisport Festival🙌🏻, not to mention the triathlon itself! I’ve been keeping up a light swim load during my marathon training (2.1km this arvo), not only because its great recovery but also because I’m swimming with my #fohettesistas in our Noosa Tri Team called Racing-FOH-cocktails💃🏻🍹💥! It’s the shiz right 😍🙈💕!!! I’m hoping I’ll still have all my toenails and can walk without too much trouble (erm cause I’ll be doing a marathon only a week earlier🙈) and can actually do the swim🏊♀️…well at the least my arms should still work...I wonder if they’ll let me take a noodle 🤔. Nah, she’ll be right, right? Phew…what a week…Welcome to the freakin weekend💁🏻♀️!! •
41 1,92519 October, 2018
• When I’m on my bike, life feels pretty simple. I can forget about the stress and day to day happenings and focus on feeling the sun on my face 🌞and the wind whistling past🌬🚴♀️. And as long as there is coffee, laughter and great co at the end, its easy to be optimistic about the future don’t you think 🤗!! 📸 @samwetkam •
53 1,5719 September, 2018
• Sunday Funday! Just under an hour until my swim start for my awesome @foherco teamies @saramcbryde and @teagen_87 In our Team ‘Racing FOH-Cocktail’ cause thats how we roll🍸🎉!! Then I can PLAY woohoo...I love NoosaTri!!! •
• Oh boy summer has hit with a vengeance😅☀️! Absolute sweat bath out today...lucky I took my @megabake_kitchens Vietto’s Tears electrolytes with me!! Also lucky my beautiful @foherco Unicorn kit and super-smooth brand spanking new sports crop 🦄 are awesome at keeping me feeling comfortably supported and dry 😍! Long run day tomorrow...excited but nervous too☺️! I hope you have all had a fantastic week and looking forward to the weekend and streaming KONA baby!!! Happy Friyay!! •
45 1,46812 October, 2018
• ‘Most girls don’t want to race. They just want to drink coffee, eat cake and get fat.’ SCOOZZZEE MEEEE😳??!!!!! And yeah, direct quote from one charming gentleman at this morning’s Cairns Cycling Club Road Championships🏆. I wasn’t going to share it but you know what? It happened and I’m still shaking my head 🤷🏼♀️. Well, to that completely misguided comment, I say hell YEAH to the coffee ☕️and cake 🍩 (ummm...who doesn’t ride for coffee and cake 🙈😂) but the rest of it?!! Do you see the podium mate?!! Clearly not, your comment was as short-sighted as hell. Thankfully, I have found the Cairns cycling scene as a whole to be a little more supportive, but no matter how rare, it’s precisely those snide comments and you aren’t good enough attitudes (among other things of course) that I feel introduce strong barriers to women who might want to give it a go.
What I see on that podium is three strong and plucky women who do want to race, who’ve got a fun tribe to hang with, who got out there today and gave it their best shot in pretty tough conditions🔥. My goal was to try to stick it out with the D Grade pack as long as I could (Womens Grade usually start with D due to numbers), and I surprised myself, I was dropped with only 4km of the 40 or-so-km to go. AND despite the shitty luck and the crazy local cattle herder 🐂determined to derail Terri and Dani’s races (the joys of Country racing!!), they got the job done too *💥POW💥*. I would also add that many of the higher graded blokes pulled the pin because it was too tough hahaaa 😝. Us ladies finished off the morning with lunch and beers...really great road trip with the best company!! Thankyou to the @cairnscyclingclub for putting on such great events 🙌🏻... So to all you kick-arse ladies out there smashing your shiz day in and day out, in your sport💦🚴♀️🏃🏼♀️, at home👨👩👧👦👩👧👦, at your job, I say, DRINK ALL the coffee, EAT ALL the cake, you deserve it, and say get f*cked to the rest of it!! Oh and EPIC congratulations 💖🎉 to all those ladies who have raced this past few weeks...some truly inspiring and gutsy performances💪🏻, pb’s and podiums!!! •
73 51721 hours ago
Winner winner chicken dinner! 🍗 What a feeling to be standing on the podium again after almost a three year break from my last OD race. (Noosa Tri 2016 cough cough). I channeled my inner @pen_slater after her amazing win yesterday and hung on for dear life. As they say, it ain’t over til it’s over. Thanks girls for pushing me all the way to the line.
We had stunning conditions today for @kingytri and I absolutely loved being out there with my fellow @tribabes & @foherco gang.
The high 5s were flowing and the cheers from the sidelines gave me a huge lift.
Coming out of semi-retirement and blowing the cobwebs to bits and now suffering early onset DOMS.... #worthit 😄
109 66631 March, 2019
Sometimes I’m not sure what’s so funny all the time, but through the all the tough times we always manage to come through it laughing and stronger than ever. Today we brought our community together and tomorrow we will watch them all race their hearts out for #MooTri ⚡️
I’ll be behind the lens capturing all the action I possibly can. Let’s go gang! ☀️
- #foher#tribabes#pinkgoesfaster @tribabes@foherco