Guess who went out and ran the first 30 minute run of the last week of Couch25k...? ME! It was ME! And now I’ve got a big red beetroot head because I can’t lie, that last 10 minutes was particularly hard, and those naughty voices that tell me I can’t do do things have been creeping back in and they were quite adamant I should stop during that run. But do you know what, I bloody didn’t. I dug deep, I put one foot in front of the other and I GOT IT DONE.
My hip/groin is screaming at me to rest so Yoga is definitely where it’s at the next two days.
TWO - I repeat, just TWO runs to go!!! #couch25k#couchto5k#runningmama#beginnerrunner#running#runner#week9
Half Marathon number 9 -Race Number 4 of 2019 🏅
The 1hr58 PB at Stirling 4 weeks ago felt effortless so I had high hopes for Edinburgh as the course is much flatter but it was just not my day -That’s running for you! I still had a fab day and love running @edinburghmarathonfestival .
Post Race google diagnosis is not sciatica like I initially thought but pointing more towards Piriformis Syndrome..sitting is literally a pain in my a*se!!! Anyone else experienced this? .
So glad we get a fair few bank holidays when the weather is on our side. Today was spent cycling the Preston Guild Wheel supporting @running_man_sam as he ran the full 21 mile circular route in preparation for @racetotheking .
Safe to say my bum is now a little sore as my padded cycling shorts were thrown out months ago as they were too big. I missed that padding today, I can tell you!! Time to get myself back down to sports direct I think
A slightly different #medalmonday for me today. This is the me after The Big Half back in March, which is probably my best race ever. I somehow managed to get a PB across every distance on the way from 1 mile to 5k, 10k and the half - best day ever. However it was also the day my injury started and in all honesty was probably the last time I ran totally worry free. The reason for this post is because I have had so, so many messages lately from people struggling with injury asking for my advice or asking how to cope when injured. So here are my top tips:
1. It’s too late now if you’re injured but don’t ever forget to do stretching, strength and conditioning. I did forget these. I thought I’d be ok. It never is in the end - if it hasn’t happened to you yet you’re one of the lucky ones. Don’t neglect these things
2. Stay positive 😊 the mind is a powerful thing - believe it will be ok
3. Keep moving (assuming you’ve been told you can). Walk, swim, bike. It helps the mind
4. Surround yourself with positive people who lift you up. Who check on you. Keep talking to them.
5. Don’t get into the trap of seeing others’ achievements on here and feeling crap. Everyone has their own journey. Stay off social media if you need to or if you like it then applaud the success of others - it will be you again soon enough
6. Trust the experts. My coach and my physio have genuinely saved my sanity many times
7. Be patient. Ok I’m lying. We can’t be patient. But accept you have to try, you will fail at first but eventually it will make you a better runner
8. Learn. I’ve learnt so much from my physio about movement and rehab. It will make me stronger
If you have any more feel free to add them below! 😊
전날에 찜질방에서 3시간 자고 6시 30분에 집결했다. 집결 시간이 왤케 빠른거야 ㅡ.ㅡ 라고 생각했지만 한 4시 30분으로 해도 좋았겠다 라고 생각할 만큼 더웠다. 그리고
2만명 인파속에서 짐 보관하고 테이핑 받는 것만 1시간 정도 기다려서 경기 전부터 증~말 스트레스 받았다. 긴장감과 기대감 없이 출발선에 섰다. 많은 인파속에서 달리는데 21k 인원이 약 2천명이고 10k 인원이 1만3천명 이라는데 5분 간격으로 출발해서 사람에 치이느라 어깨가 남아나질 않았다. 10k 엘리트급 주자들이 약2천명의 21k 주자를 추월 하는걸 보니까 정말 지쳐보였다. 나도 10k 까지는 600페이스를 지키면서 달리다가 열사병으로 죽을수도 있겠다는 생각이 들어서 1k로 정도 걸었다ㅋㅋ 중간에 한강 화장실에 들려서 화장실에서 머리 감고 수돗물 마시면서 걷뛰걷뛰 하는데 최근 들어서 아팠던 대퇴이두근에 경련이 와서 의료 패트롤을 10번 넘게 불러서 파스를 계속 뿌려가면서 뛰었다..ㅜㅜ (지금도 아픔) 중간에 열사병으로 쓰러진 분들이 계셔서 슬펐고 한강에 자전거도 많고 길도 좁아서 트래픽이 심했지만 다행히 스트레스 안받고 완주했다. 증말루 여름에는 하프 못 뛰것따~ 증말
갬성 프렌드 소진누나 정말 반가웠소
부상 재활중인데 기록 훌륭해~,~
인사 반갑게 받아주신 유쾌킴님 감사합니다.
알바 같이한 규태형 반가웠어 ㅋㅋ,
x발 아저씨 아니ㅋㅋ서울시장님 하이파이브ㅋㅋ
17k 부근에서 가입 문의 받아주신 @dtrc2018 운영진님 감사합니다.